Margarita Dessert Bars (or Tequila Dessert Bars) are a fun and delicious take-a-long adult dessert. I have made the bars for a football party and a concert tailgating party! It tastes like a little margarita and were a hit!
Here is the original recipe is from Food Network (including their picture of the Tequila Bars, because I forgot to take a picture. DUH!). I have revised the recipe though, since I found it needed more OOMPH! ;)
My updated ingredients are:
- one 12 ounce box vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
- 1/2 cup tequila (I used Patron Silver)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (I used a good quality key lime juice)
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- one 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- For the drizzle,
- 1 part - Agave nectar (I have found it in my local grocery store and at the local liquor store near the Patron)
- 2 parts - tequila (I have tried Patron Silver and Patrol Gold. Both are good!)
When preparing the drizzle, mix 2 parts Patron Gold and 1 part Agave Nectar. Apply the drizzle to the Tequila bars just before serving.
A fun way to present the Margarita Dessert Bars and clue in other party-goers is to place a miniature empty bottle of Patron in the center of the plate and place the cut Margarita Dessert Bars around the bottle.
Tastes like a margarita! Delicious way to celebrate with friends!
Like the idea? I would be honored for you to link back to this post!